Friday, December 26, 2014

Graduation and Moving

December has been a crazy busy month! At the end of November I set up and decorated our Christmas tree with the help of my favorite little man, Chase! Chase also turned 11 months old on December 21! I can't believe that he is almost 1 year old. The time has flown by. He is starting to walk, he can say grampa, hi, dad, mom, baba, and he is starting to beat box. It is pretty funny to listen to him!











                                        

With the help of our friends and family, Seth and I loaded up a moving truck and moved all of our stuff to Utah. That same day we came back to Idaho and finished cleaning our apartment. Then we stayed with my parents until Seth's graduation. Ok time to brag a little bit here! Seth was awarded the Newel K Whitney Outstanding Graduate Award in Business Management! I am so proud of him. We got to go to an award ceremony for him and my amazing sister in-law was kind enough to watch Chase for us. The day of graduation was really bad weather so I stayed in Idaho Falls with Chase until it was time for the graduation ceremony. My mom was sweet enough to watch Chase so that I could go to graduation and not have to drag Chase out in the snowy, stormy weather. It was also really neat because Seth graduated with his brother Michael. It was fun seeing both of them walk together.

All of the Business teachers with the students who were awarded the Newel K Whitney Award

Seth and one of the teachers who nominated him for the award.


Next in our journey we left Idaho and moved to CA. Luckily I flew from the SLC Airport and Seth was amazing and drove the 14 hour car ride with all of our stuff.

A few days later we had Christmas. It was Chase's first Christmas and he got to experience it with his cousin Everett who is just 12 days younger than Chase. They love each other so much and Everett follows Chase around wherever he goes. It is so cute to watch! They are going to be so mischievous in the future! Chase has slept through the night about 8 times now since being born and I love those nights! Christmas was so fun, but Chase and Everett are both sick now and they aren't too happy :(

Christmas morning was rough!

opening up presents




For now we will just live in CA until Seth gets accepted to an MBA program. He has applied to a few different places and now we will just wait and see. We will be in CA until at least August.

As I think back on this year I am amazed at all that has happened. I gave birth to my sweet baby boy, I celebrated 2 years of marriage, my husband graduated, and now I have moved from the only place I have ever lived! This next year will be one of even more exciting adventures. I am so grateful for my sweet family and the memories I have already created with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment